STERILE OPHTHALMIC CDMO
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Pillar5 Pharma Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons
- Will be charged to the support person for admission to Pillar5’s premises.
We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Pillar5 will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Notice of temporary disruption will be posted in conspicuous places including at the main entrance and the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on the company website. Pillar5 will also contact customers with appointments, verbally notifying customers when they are making a reservation or appointment or any other method that may be reasonable under the circumstances.
Pillar5 Pharma will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. At this time, Pillar5 does not engage the services of volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services. All employees of Pillar5 will be trained. This training will be provided to new employees during orientation.
Training will include:
- an overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard;
- Pillar5’s plan related to the customer service standard;
- how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- how to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- how to use the elevator or other devices available to help provide goods or services to people with disabilities;
- what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Pillar5’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Pillar5 provides goods and services to people with disabilities can use e-mail or provide verbal feedback card.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to Human Resources. Customers can expect to hear back in 5 business days.
Notice of Availability
Pillar5 will notify the public that our policies are available upon request from our website.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of Pillar5 that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Dated: November 1, 2012