STERILE OPHTHALMIC CDMO
Careers at Pillar5 Pharma
Manager, Solid Dose (1 Permanent, Full Time Position Available)
Reporting to the Director, Manufacturing Operations, the Solid Dose Manager’s role is to ensure the Formulations team manufactures high quality solid dose products in a safe and cost effective manner. The Formulations Manager is responsible for the dispensing, compounding, compression, tablet coating and equipment cleaning operations within the Arnprior facility.
- Accountable for all aspects of safety, quality and productivity for solid dose manufacturing
- Ensures the manufacture of quality products in a Customer Service oriented environment.
- Ensures the execution of short and long term production plans, in accordance with Pillar5 Key Performance Indicators
- Participates in audits and ensures compliance to GMP and customer guidelines.
- Coordinates investigations, including root cause analyses and corrective/preventative actions.
- Promotes a continuous improvement environment by facilitating initiatives to improve Operational Excellence.
- Supports the use of Six Sigma and LEAN Manufacturing programs to improve product quality, reduce product cycle times, and improve product yields.
- Supports all new product launches to ensure product is available according to targeting timelines.
- Ensures departmental compliance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Assists in delivering the operations budget and plan according to an approved schedule.
- Ensures Formulations SOPs are current and compliant.
- University degree in Science/Engineering and at least 4 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. Other combinations of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated people management, coaching and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of pharmaceutical processing.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with a positive attitude and a cooperative approach.
Application process: Please send your resume using the form below.