STERILE OPHTHALMIC CDMO
Careers at Pillar5 Pharma
(1 Permanent, Full-Time Position Available)
Reporting to the Head, Engineering & Maintenance the Manufacturing\Packaging Engineer’s role is to manage assigned manufacturing projects and provide advanced technical assistance to the Manufacturing, Quality and Maintenance groups.
- Provides engineering support to the Manufacturing and Maintenance groups on operational, troubleshooting, and maintenance issues.
- Lead efforts to reduce equipment downtime and improve customer service KPIs.
- Develop, design, budget, schedule and lead assigned projects.
- Establishes and defines project requirements with management and internal customer groups.
- Assists project sponsors with the preparation of Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR).
- Evaluate packaging processes and generate engineering reports.
- Selects, manages, and coordinates the efforts of consultants/contractors.
- Initiate and complete GMP documentation such as Change Control Requests, engineering drawings, and implement Corrective and Preventative Action Plans.
- Assist with efforts to improve plant efficiencies and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Ensures that all applicable local, provincial (i.e. OHSA), and federal (i.e. GMP) regulatory requirements are met.
- Grade 12 diploma, post secondary education with millwright certification is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a production environment preferably with packaging and tabletting machines
- Strong mechanical aptitude and proven mechanical training and experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) controllers i.e., troubleshooting
- Excellent team work, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of cGMP’s and SOP’s
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma concepts is an asset
- Ability to work shifts and be on call when needed
Application process: Please send your resume using the form below.